Return to In-Person Worship
Dear New Hope members and friends,
Greetings to you and your family in the awesome name of God’s unspeakable gift, the Lord Jesus Christ. I am writing first to express my profound gratitude for your patience and perseverance during this most unprecedented season of COVID-19. As a church family, we have not only managed to survive, but by the grace of God and through your generosity, we have managed to thrive. To God be the Glory!
For the past 21 months, we have not engaged in in-person worship, but God has taught us so much about his faithfulness in providing for all of our needs throughout this pandemic, and for that, we are forever grateful.
Second, I write to inform you that we will engage in our first in-person worship since COVID-19 on this Sunday, December 26th at 10:00 AM. This will be a very soft opening and a dress rehearsal for the official opening that will come real soon. I am aware that many of you are not comfortable with returning at this moment because of the recent surge in the Omicron variant of this virus.
Please know that I truly understand and ask only that you continue to watch the worship service via the website, YouTube and Facebook Live or listen via the phone line. Unfortunately, for a brief period of time, we may have to broadcast the services at a later time, however, information regarding the specifics is forthcoming.
Because of the surge in the Omicron virus, I have decided to conduct in-person worship services only on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month. On 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays, we will continue with our online worship services at 11AM. This format will remain in place until the conditions are more conducive for a complete return to in-person worship.
If you plan to attend the in-person worship, below are the protocols that are designed to ensure the safest environment possible:
1. All congregants must wear a face mask at all times during in-person services. The church will have masks available.
2. All congregants must show proof of vaccination. A digital copy on your cell phone will be accepted.
3. All congregants should maintain 6 feet of separation from persons outside their household. Households may sit together.
4. Congregants should not gather in close groups while entering or exiting the building.
5. Congregants should use hand sanitizer prior to or upon entering the building.
6. Congregants should place their tithes and offerings in the tithes collection boxes near sanctuary entrances.
7. Prayer cards will be made available for all congregants to participate in the modified altar call.
8. Welcome Centers, Hospitality and Prayer Rooms will remain closed.
Your commitment through these difficult times has been a tremendous source of support and encouragement to your Pastor.
I remain yours in His service,
Bro. Jerry Young, Pastor